The beauty of having your own website is that you can do and say pretty much anything that you want. While that may be true, I try to live my life by certain standards, and I will attempt to hold myself accountable to the following rules with everything I do with this site. I expect this list to expand as time goes on, and I encourage others to help hold me to my own standards.
- Be respectful. Just because I now have a public platform to express my views, doesn’t mean I have the right to abuse it. Like the golden rule, do unto others…I might not like someone, or something, but I believe that I should still be able to express my disagreements in a respectful manner.
- Accept feedback. This is quite an endeavor I am undertaking, putting my thoughts and opinions out there for the whole world to see. Having said that, I need to be mindful that others may disagree, and will want to voice their opposing or different views. As long as it remains civil and respectful, I’m all for it.
- Not everyone loves the New England Patriots. Why this is true, I have no idea. I do acknowledge that it is truth, and I apologize for your misguided ways 🙂
- Give them what they want. Within reason. This site would probably not exist without the people who have expressed a desire to follow my progress, hear my viewpoints, and have provided encouragement and guidance. Now is not the time to forget all of you, and I won’t. Please feel free to let me know what you like, and what you don’t, on the site. I will always be looking for ways to make improvements. I look forward to suggestions on topics, content, and commentary.
- Have fun! This maybe should’ve been rule 1B, but better late than never. This website is not my job, therefore; I should not treat it as such. The whole point of this site is to interact with people about the game that I love. I love playing the game, I love learning about the game, I love teaching the game, and I love talking about the game. If maintaining this site starts to make me feel any differently, I will have to hang it up.
- See rules 1-5
So that’s it for now. I’m sure more rules will follow, and hopefully they won’t be so dull 🙂